reveiw

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's all about the kids

Tonight, I left UNI to come back home to watch some baseball games. I watched my 7th grade son play his game and then I watched my students from IFA play their high school baseball game. It's funny how much I miss my students. I wanted to talk to them after the game and ask how their summer is going and what they have been doing. Yes teaching high school students is hard but I know why I do it, it's because I like being around them. I like how honest teenagers are. I like how eager they are to learn. I like how they want their teachers to recognize them for their dedication and hard work. What students want is to be accepted for who they are. Isn't that what we all want?

Yes, teachers today need to know a lot about technology but we also need to know how to teach it so our students have the desire to learn. Dr. Z. is introducing us to a lot of technology we can use to make learning more hands on but he is also teaching us how to bring out student's creativity and higher order thinking skills. I want my students to learn because they want to, not because I'm making them to.
Chicken Dance

No comments: